11.27.2010

HAPPY (Belated) THANKSGIVING!!!!

In the extreme craziness that is Thanksgiving, I failed to blog.

This year I have a lot to be thankful for. We had Thanksgiving in our own home for the very first time. Almost all of our family was here around one table. (Thank you Ashley Furniture! And you're welcome for spending a ton of money on a HUGE table for our new house that will fit almost all of our family.) My little brother was here and spent the night at our house with us. It was a lot of fun to spend time with him. My husband played Xbox 360 with him, and I think they bonded. Nothing like a head-shot on Call of Duty 2 to bring guys together. We had an enormous amount of food.



The list is seriously sinful, but I won't keep it from you:

Baked Turkey
Deep Fried Turkey
Breaded and Fried Turkey Breast
Ham
Green Bean Casserole
Corn Pudding
Sweet Potato & Banana Casserole
Candied Yams with Marshmallows
Macaroni and Cheese
Mashed Potatoes
Dressing
Stuffing
Cranberry Fluff
Cranberry Relish
Jellied Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Rolls
Ambrosia Salad


Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie
Cherry Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Pecan Pie
Red Velvet Cake

Ok.. so even as obscene as that looks.. I think I forgot something. It was crazy! And leave it to Memphis weather.. All week leading up to Thanksgiving it was in the 70s and sunny with a warm breezy. Thursday rolls around and it rains HARD all day and it's COLD rain. We all made it here in one piece and that's what really matters.

We were missing my brother-in-law and his family this year. They recently moved to the west coast, but we were able to video chat with them after dinner and that was nice for everyone. It's definitely not the same, but it's better than nothing.

I was also thankful that Wednesday night before Thanksgiving my BFF and her family came by. I got to see all of my godbabies. It was definitely a blessing! They are all growing so fast!

This is such a beautiful time of year to me. A time when we all come together for the sake of being together and loving each other. Thanksgiving has always been a favorite of mine.

How did you spend your Thanksgiving holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment